Ok, it's been months since I posted. I did not quit fishing that's for sure, but I did take a few weeks off because I got back to the blacksmith thing. I just had to start swinging that hammer again, I mostly was worried about my hand. I was hanging a new light fixture at work and started to fumble it and when I caught it the metal edge cut the pinky and ring fingure at the base on my right hand. Since I have no insurance due to the high cost and since I'm not sitting on a pile of cash, all they can do is clean it up, sew it up and see ya. The down side is the tendons in my pinky figure was cut and I can not bend it in any more so it's almost useless. Losing that grip is a major pain with major pain at times. With my pinky alway sticking out I don't feel fancier LOL! So far my pinky has been shut in the truck door, burned and cut since the main injury because it's always sticking out but I did find a little tape around the pinky and ring fingure keeps it out of they way and helps with the swelling when working. I have laid of the catfish on the past few trips out and focused on panfish. Big Blue Gills and Crappie sure do taste good and a great challenge. The water levels are still so low and some of my best crappie holes are out of the water. That's one of the many things nice about kayak fishing is other fisherman in the big boats are not real threaten by kayakers and don't pay much attention, yet. I guess they think we yakers ain't real fisherman ha, ha, the joke is on them because I'm always paying attention to other fisherman and there honey holes. I do try to respect the honey holes and keep a tight lip on the locations, because if it is a man made honey hole they worked to make it a honey hole. I don't mind telling folks to fish the point and ledges just because it's kinda common sence and almost everyone knows it. If someone puts a fish feeder on there dock, well it kinda like throwing a sign up that's says fish here.
We did have the kayak anglers get together back in September, and with the cooler temps and rain it was a lot of fun. The kayak wars is still going till December and I have not posted any fish in a long while, I think my team gave up or just could not get the time to get on the water. I have not quit, more like I took a break from chasing big fish and just happy to just go and catch a few for dinner. The cooler temps kinda stink since I hate the cold, but since the darn fish won't hibernate I have to brave it. Here in this part of Texas the winters are a cake walk compared to most of the country, so yes, I'm a wussy and if it is below 70 degrees I'm cold LOL! It's worth it to fish on a cold day when you come home with a big stringer or at least a picture, but you have them days is that the only thing caught was a runny nose, cold feet, and hopefully dry.
I've got some pictures to share once I figure out how to post them up from the iPad. I don't think I have much if any folks really reading this but pictures can say a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment