Thursday, May 31, 2012
Back in the day
Blog? Sure why not. I like to share stories about almost anything. When it comes to fishing and kayak fishing I could go on and on. I will give this blog thing a shot and see where it goes. To start off, I have been fishing since I was old enough to hold a pole. I was blessed that my Grandparents lived on lake Granbury since the early 70's. I can remember catching them bluegills all day long on canned sweet corn, and the carp are a blast to catch if they did not wrap around the dock poles. My Grandfather called them bugle mouth bass LOL! Back then there where just a few houses on three canals, so I would spend my days fishing the banks until my Grandfather got home from work and done his famous loud whistle. You could hear him whistle across the lake, I knew it was dinner time and I would run back to the house eat dinner then I was gone fishing again till almost dark. My Great Grandfather lived with them also, till this day I think he knew it all about fishing. At least once a week during my summer visits he would take me down to the marina to catch some Crappie. It was so exciting for me to tag along, and listen to my Grandmother scold him as we left to take extra care of her Grand baby. My Grandmother is the best, I can't count how many trips I made into the house carrying mostly some big carp as long as my leg so show off my catch to her dripping fish slim all over the place. She would smile, giggle, and tell me how good I did while getting me and that fish out of the house. I still bring it up to her every now and then and she still giggles. Since they moved off the lake a few years ago Lake Granbury just ain't the same, but I have over 30 years of very fond memories on that lake with family. As you can see I have been fishing for a day or three! Fishing is almost a way of life to me. I will try to add pictures as I go along with this blog thing if I have them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment